Committed to improving our environmental performance
H K Wentworth Limited have a responsibility towards the environment and the impact our business has on it, locally and globally. That is why we aim to prevent pollution, through the implementation of an Environmental Management System.
We intend to achieve this goal by:
- Complying fully to all relevant environmental legislation and following best industry practice.
- Encouraging full participation and commitment of all employees in environmental matters.
- Reducing our impact on the environment through the adoption of the waste hierarchy; waste prevention (reduce), minimisation, reuse, recycle, energy recovery and disposal as the very last option.
- Ensuring that all raw materials/finished goods are used, stored and disposed of in an environmentally responsible and legally compliant manner.
- Ensuring that the Environmental Management System is fully documented and reviewed to ensure sound environmental practice and focuses on continual improvement.
- Monitoring energy and water consumption to ensure efficient use and minimise waste.
- Reviewing the environmental impact of future plant equipment and locations prior to its purchase and use.
- Ensuring that the environmental impact of all new products are considered.
- Regularly reviewing current products to determine if there are more environmentally friendly raw materials, processes and packaging available.
- Co-operate with the public, customers and other interested parties on environmental issues.